Thoughts of a Panda Rabbit

Panda Rabbit's diary- Crafting, Internet, Technology, Anime, Manga, Video Games, and more!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Gardening Updates- Goodbye Carrot top & Green Onions, Hello Chia & Amaranth!

Wow, it's been a while since I was able to blog about the progress of my indoor plants (or anything, actually, there is so much that I need to blog!), the last picture was on 10/2/12, I believe.

10.4.2012
Even though the onions had been doing so well only a day before, the one of the left had wilted, so I had to throw it out.  After this, I transplanted all of them into soil, moved the avocado outside into a larger planter, and planted some of the organic chia seeds (that I've been occasionally adding to my food for its awesome health benefits) from an awesome seller on Etsy, MoonlightMicroFarm (who threw in some oregano seeds as a freebie with my order) !
 ==================================
10.7.2012
10.8.2012
10.10.12
10.10.12
10.12.12- A very wilted green onion...
10.12.12 - The carrot top was rotten, so I had to dig it out
10.12.12
10.16.12- Super hot days + forgetting to water them  >.<
10.16.12 - I was upset to see that something had broken off a leaf
(visible on the left)
 ==================================
After stumbling upon articles about how amazinggg amaranth is, I decided to order some organic burgundy amaranth seeds from EarthCareSeeds 
on Etsy, and not only were they organic, a better price than on Ebay sellers, and quickly shipped, but they also included a freebie, Kale seeds.  YAY!  I was so happy that I recommended them to my friend, who also purchased the listing from them!

Wasn't super sure how to plant them, but the instructions said that they could be started indoors, so
I planted a couple seeds on 10.18.12
10.23.12 -  They sprouted!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment