Thoughts of a Panda Rabbit

Panda Rabbit's diary- Crafting, Internet, Technology, Anime, Manga, Video Games, and more!

Friday, November 11, 2011

11.11.11

11:11 on 11.11.11
Yes, I know that my iTouch start-up screen is beautiful.  <3
the workers of my internet provider at the picket line today.
They were very angry.  I'm angry at Hawaii Tel Com too!
I'm sure that if they provide such shoddy service to their customers,
they treated their employees even worse.    
★★★★★★★★★★★★★MOVIES/ANIMATION ★★★★★★★

Would people my age even understand this reference?..
FREAKAZOID

This evening, being in a relatively rare mood to watch something, I decided to kill two birds with one stone and also make sure that the disks of the DVD set of the 2nd season Freakazoid that my sister bought the other day worked fine.  Like I mentioned in a previous post, I didn't really watch much of it when it originally aired, so I wasn't overwhelmed with nostalgia, but I was reminded of how cartoon shows in general used to be, filled with all sorts of movie and pop culture references that kids now would hardly understand.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★TECH   ★★★★★★★
iTouch/iPod/iPad APP- MAGIC PIANO


I downloaded the iTouch/iPhone/iPad app, Magic Piano, quite a while ago, and even though I've been faithfully updating it whenever need be, I haven't actually played it for a while.  But since I was lonely and sick in bed today, I decided to play it and was somewhat surprised that the last update had in fact been a very large one, a new gameplay mode with levels, objectives, and performance assessment (in the form of stars), along with incentives to level up, free smoola and songs.

The introduction of different unlockable instruments was an added bonus, but the actual gameplay with the addition of the time bar was a bit awkward for me on medium and hard modes.  All in all, though, I think that this gameplay mode will definitely give more incentive for me to start playing Magic Piano again more often.  All those empty stars that I need to fill up... (Yes, I'm the kind of person who might spend the whole night trying to get all stars on a stage of Angry Birds...)


★★★★★★★★★★★★★INTERNET   ★★★★★★★
DEVIANTART


Today was 11.11.11, which means that I got my assignment for my first Secret Santa project, hosted by the group GottaCraftEmAll!

hmmm, which pokemon do I pick??

Also, I posted another one of my queued deviation photos-

----------------------------------------------------
EBAY


Less than one day left for my first 10 listings...


----------------------------------------------------
GAIA


Since everyone has been horribly busy or just generally gone-ish, I finally made time to set up the questing thread that I've been meaning to start up for some time.  It's my first item questing thread, so I hope that I can find some good company while questing for my wishlist items (like the almost 9 million gold Pandalita item... what was it? "shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"?..  Dx  lol.)


Please help me bump my thread~!  CLICK THIS PHOTO!! >3


★★★★★★★★★★★★★GAMES   ★★★★★★★

So.  My friend Justin has been tirelessly trying to persuade me to play FFXI ONLINE with him.  He played it for 6 years in a row before not playing for 3, then he started playing again recently...

"When I joined again I got culture shock LOL. I had to read forums online for a week to get a small idea of what is going on, LOL."

And not only is it expensive, infamously difficult, and involved 4 hours' worth of downloads, 2 hours of install time, special bank clearances and fees just to set up, it's apparently also like crack.

 "I spend 90% of my free time thinking of how to play more efficiently, the other 10% is buying stuff online to play more efficiently. HAHA.  I remember back in the day, I wouldnt even eat."  

Sorry, Justin!!  As much as I'd honestly love to have a gaming partner who's around all the time, I just don't think that I could handle any aspect of FFXI's intensity- economically, technologically, physically, emotionally, psychologically.... LOL.  ^^;;

★★★★★★★★★★★★★RANDOM   ★★★★★★★
PAGERS


Due to a strange twist of topic in a conversation between me and my sister tonight, we ended up puzzling over how pagers were used, or why people would use them.  ("So it functions like voicemail?  'Call me back'?  Except without the voice?")  Even though I was around 11 around the time when they were most popular, technologically, pagers seem ages and ages ago.  After conferring with the all-knowing Wikipedia, we discovered that pager technology was used as far back as 1950 by doctors, and that they are still being used today, by (unsurprisingly) people in the medical field, restaurants, and (surprisingly) bird watchers/enthusiasts, among others.


Well, they are for most people.
Wow, this brings me back to my happier tween days when my dad owned one,
and when cell phones were heavy and large as bricks

No comments:

Post a Comment