Thoughts of a Panda Rabbit

Panda Rabbit's diary- Crafting, Internet, Technology, Anime, Manga, Video Games, and more!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cold and flu season

Stay healthy, everyone!  Dx  And for everyone who is sick, get well soon (especially you)!  

Even though I've been sick for almost a week now, I felt my absolute worst yesterday.  I hope that I never feel that sick again for a long time.  But at least I was finally able to sleep well last night.  x__x  Hope I'll be even better by tomorrow.

Things that are getting me through this week :
  • Extra-strength acetaminophen, medicated chest rub, honey herb cough drops
  • Water, Rooibos tea, homemade chicken noodle soup, those weird Korean corn puff things, cinnamon pop tarts, mom's chicken long rice
  • my iTouch [apps]:  Words with Friends (even though I totally got uber pwned by a random RC friend who challenged me T_T ), Pingchat, Manga Storm, Crunchyroll
  • Gaia, Restaurant City, Maple Story, my DS
  • Special knitting/crocheting art projects
I absolutely LOVE my mom's chicken long rice... I ate 3 bowls of it
even though I haven't had an appetite since I got sick.



★★★★★★★★★★★★★FOOD/COOKING   ★★★★★★★
OKAYU



After watching the episode of Usagi Drop where Rin gets the stomach flu and is fed okayu, I remembered when a the main character of the Korean drama, My Lovely Sam-Soon, makes a type of rice gruel for her sick rival in love (lol).  After doing a quick search online, I found out that almost every Asian country has their own form and name of the rice gruel, commonly called "Congee".

"It is also called kanji (Tamil/Malayalam/Tulu), ganji (Kannada/Telugu), juk (Cantonese, Korean), cháo (Vietnamese), chok (Thai), kayu (Japanese), lúgaw (Filipino), or jaou (Bengali)"  -Wikipedia entry on congee

I picked the first Okayu recipe Google search result to cook, added chicken and thinly sliced onions in the rice for flavor, and topped it sesame seeds as suggested:  



I made it a bit too salty, but it was comforting  to eat



Itadakimasu...
★★★★★★★★★★★★★CRAFTING   ★★★★★★★
"...even though it's blue" .....
My sister said that she'd make me regret ever showing her that multi-colored Spheal picture.  Dx
Even when I'm sick in bed, my hands don't stay idle.  I finished one of my Christmas gifts for a very special friend who lives in one of the coldest places on Earth (jk), annnnnnnnnnnnnnnndd... my dA secret santa project!  o w o

After seeing that picture of all those different colored Spheals that I made, though, my sister said that a blue Spheal looks weird.  "It looks good!... even though it's blue."  = A =;;

★★★★★★★★★★★★★ANIME   ★★★★★★★
USAGI DROP


Yesterday, I finally watched the 11th and last episode of Usagi Drop.  Oh, great.  Now I have one less excuse to not watch Gurren Lagann  :P  Haha, don't worry, I'll (probably) get around to watching it someday, oh sister mine.   But yes, with Usagi Drop over, I can finally add another "completed" anime series to MyAnimelist, haha.  And while there, I discovered the existence of two things:  
1.)  Special (read: short) episodes that were only included on the Blu-ray release
2.) A drama adaption (oh god)

To my great disappointment, only had the first special episode is online at the moment.  It is about how Rin making fall leaves into marine life, and Daikichi turns them into an amazingly cute book at the end (spoiler alert  :P ).  Man, I wish that I had thought of doing that when I was young.  I guess there's always my future kids/friends' kids/nieces/nephews/godchildren/random kid.  >D


And the drama... oh god, what is it that's so hit or miss with Japanese dramas adapted from anime series?? You can almost always assume that the main characters will look nothing like their anime counterparts, and if they have light colored hair, your best bet is that the actor for that character will have black hair.  And don't get me started on personality traits, etc.  

...who are you people?!?  Just who is that woman on the
far right?!? That had better not be his love interest!  D<
uh... I don't recognize anyone but the woman with glasses,
(awesome casting) and maybe Daikichi's parents.

                                  
                                        The childrens' opinions on the casting?
                                (LOL, Rin has a Guu-esque face  xD )



...It's so weird.  The casting/characterization for around 1-3% of characters in anime drama series adaptions is almost perfect.  Two that come to mind are Miwako from Honey and Clover, the Asuka Masamune's mom in Otomen (wtf?).  Then there are those characters where that are just so uncharacteristic and off that I just can't stand watching the drama anymore (Ryo from Otomen). 

 And I'm still terrified of watching the Ouran Host Club drama series, though I hear that people (like my cousin) are enjoying it.  But I don't think that I would be able to bear seeing a character from one of my absolute favorite anime series being messed up in the slightest.  [/otaku blah blah blah]

oh, shoot.  Since I didn't blog yesterday, this post got super long.  I guess I'll post the rest in tomorrow's post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment